I was kindly nominated by the lovely Gemma on Saturday for the sunshine blogger award. You can read her original post here.
So Gemma has asked me to answer some questions and nominate other bloggers for the award so here we go..
- What is the best thing about blogging?
There isn’t just one thing! I love that it’s a creative space for me to share my thoughts and opinions with others.
I love how supportive and encouraging the blogging community is. I also really enjoy reading and interacting with other people’s blogs and learning something new every single day!
2. What is the one blog post/feature that you are most proud of?
This is tough! I think the one I’m most proud of is the post I wrote in honour of my mam’s big birthday – some heroes wear capes others are step-mum’s.
It’s a thank you for how amazing she is but it’s also a message for hope and encouragement to all the step-parents out there. I’ve received some lovely comments both on and outside of the blog post itself from other step-parents to say thank you which is lovely.
3. What do you like to do on weekends?
I like to spend as much quality time with my wonderful hubby as possible on weekends. We have to do the boring stuff like the food shop and housework but just spending time together is important to me. We work Monday-Friday so don’t get much time together during the week really.
If we can squeeze in catching up with friends and family too that is an added bonus! We don’t have to do anything exciting every single weekend even just curling up listening to some vinyl keeps us happy.
4. Have you seen any good films recently?
I haven’t been to the cinema for a while actually; although we are hopefully going this weekend! I did however watch Darkest Hour while I was on a plane which I really enjoyed.
5. If you could meet one famous person dead or alive who would it be?
There’s so many! I think I’d quite like to meet and interview Hitler. I’d want to ask him so many questions (about his ideology, both the time before and during World War II and of course about the atrocities under the Nazi regime) but the biggest one would have to be why?
6. When was the last time you went to the theatre and what did you see?
It has been years since I was at the theatre. I can’t remember the last thing I saw! I did watch Phantom of the Opera during my first trip to New York and that was amazing.
7. If your life was a musical, what would it be called?
Geordie girl goes home!
8. If you were asked to perform on a talent contest, what would your talent be?
Procrastination – I am the queen of doing things last minute!
9. What is your most treasured piece of clothing?
I think I would have to say my wedding dress! I actually accidentally found my dress while I was covering a story for the newspaper I worked at. I managed to get the same dress from an independent shop just a stone’s throw away from our evening reception venue.
I wore my dress all day and night at our wedding and didn’t want to take it off. I have since had it cleaned and specially boxed to keep forever.
10. You can only read one book for the rest of your life, what book would you choose?
I would hate that – I love reading and discovering new authors and characters to fall in love with. If I had to choose I’d probably say Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman it’s one of my all-time favourite books.
11. Describe yourself using a song title
She Will Be Loved – Maroon 5.
My nominations for the Sunshine Blogger Award:
I nominate the following bloggers:
Lauren Milly’s Guide
My questions for my nominees
- What made you decide to start blogging?
- What is your favourite blog post and why?
- Where do you get your inspiration for blog posts?
- Which other bloggers inspire you and why?
- What is your favourite book and why?
- If you could go back in time and speak to your younger self what advice would you give?
- What advice would you give to a new blogger?
- What apps, websites or tools would you be lost without for your blog?
- What was your favourite childhood memory and why?
- If you could travel back in time to any period in history what would you choose and why?
- What is the hardest thing about blogging and why?
Other award nomination posts
I was nominated for the Bloggers Recognition Award.
Catch up with my Liebster Award nomination where you get to know more about the blogger.
Pin this 👇🏻
You can also find me on Twitter @rachael_stray
Or follow my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/rachaelstrayblog/
You can see my random pictures on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/rachys2011/
And see what I’m pinning on Pinterest https://www.pinterest.co.uk/rachaelstray/